Cerebral Faith is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
Cerebral Faith servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- browser used
- date and time
Cerebral Faith does not associate this data to individual user identities.
In addition to the IP address/browser information collected from anonymous visitors to the site, other information is collected and stored when users log in to view restricted content or submit forms. Specifically, the following information is collected from WordPress and mapped to a locally created account:
- WordPress Display Name (usually first and last name as: First LAST)
- WordPress Profile Pic
- email address depending on whether or not a blog commenter has linked one.
If someone uses the Q&A feature of the blog, their first name and their question will be shared as part of the response article. However, family names, e-mail addresses, or virtually anything else will not be shared. Aspects of one’s personal life may be included if that is part of the e-mailer’s question, however, the e-mailer can specifically ask for additional anonymity by not even having their first name at the end of their e-mails.
Use of collected information:
- Cerebral Faith will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- Cerebral Faith uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses. This information is used to improve Web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- The WordPress information collected by Cerebral Faith is used to identify users leaving comments on the blog posts.
Distribution of collected information:
- Cerebral Faith will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- Cerebral Faith will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to websites which are linked outside of this one (such as when a blog article of Evan Minton’s links to an article on FreeThinkingMinistries.com or ReasonableFaith.org for examples). You should review the privacy statement posted on other web sites when you visit them.
Privacy Statement Revisions:
This Privacy Statement was last revised on August 22nd 2022. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the web site.
If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post it here without notice.
Responsibility for External Sites:
This website may contain links to other web sites. Some of those web sites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of web sites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this web site we recommend that you review each web site’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
How to contact us